Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Great Wall!!






Paula, Lily and I had an awesome day!!! We started out at 7:00am with breakfast and we were on the bus by 8:30am. Our first stop was at the jade factory. We learned all about this precious stone that is so special in the Chinese culture. The Great Wall was next on our list. Words cannot describe the majestic wall. Paula and I were brought to tears a few times during our climb. We climbed the side that is on the third picture. Lily and I made it to the third tower and Paula went all the way to the red tower. It was just unreal and the weather was perfect: sunny, light winds and about 15 degrees. You really felt that you were in the presence of a higher power. The steps were all different heights so it was very tricky with Lily on my belly. ( I was very careful Bernie!!) On the main level was a temple to the God that would protect the warriors on the Wall. We had 1 1/2 hours at the Wall and it went very fast. Our guide took us to a restaurant after all our walking. By that time the girls were all starving. Lily pretty much slept the whole afternoon. We had a nice lunch and headed home. I am late tonight because I went out with two other moms to go to the store. We needed supplies for the baby and ourselves. Auntie Paula stayed with Lily. It was strange to be walking without my Lily. I can't believe that a week ago, I didn't know her. I can't wait for all of you to meet her. She is quite the special little girl. My pictures today are of the entrance to the Wall, the Wall, the temple and Lily at the end of a very busy day. I am heading to bed because we have to be up at 6:00am. We are going to go see the doctors tomorrow to have Lily checked out and then to the embassy for our immigration paperwork. It feels like a long day to me. Have a great day back home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always nice in the morning to hear from you ,Paula and Lily.Finally we are in the final week of your journey.Soon you will be home with your love ones plus our cherish Lily.Thinking of you memere et pepere

Anonymous said...

The Great Wall, a fitting stop on your journey. It sounds like an awesome day for you all. I am having a coffee and listening to Bruce Guthro and thinking of you. I just commented that Lily was a photo and a hope/dream last week and now what would you do without her?! Love is an amazing thing. I so look forward to your stories and of course meeting Lily and seeing you all connected as a family. The baby on the beach in PEI was an small glimpse into who has become your daughter, Lily.....Lily MacDonald. Hi to Auntie Paula. All the best.
Love Ea and family xoxooxox

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the Great Way were simply amazing. What an experience.. so many things beyond words. However, I was most mesmerized by the sleeping Lily picture; how comfortable, at peace and completely safe she is with her arms wide open! That's what you brought to her...forever a sense of family and safety all wrapped in a warm embracing love! And she hasn't even met the rest of her family! Can't wait to see you back in Nova Scotia...the stories you'll have to share..I think we may all be addicted to this blog that you'll have to keep it going once in Greenwood!! If we're this excited, I can only imagine Bernie, Sam and Isa! Check in tomorrow, as always!

Hugs,

Mariette Jean-Gilles et Lucas

Yeo Family said...

We, grandma and grandpa MacDonald, just had the priviledge of reading your Blog and meeting Lily. We Welcome you Lily, our latest grandchild, to our family. We are so happy that you and Lily are getting along so well. We are all looking forward to meeting Lily and seeing you all home safely. God Bless All!
Grandma and Grandpa MacDonald