Monday, November 3, 2008

Medical clinic day!!!





We have now finished our last day of paperwork and appointments. We went to the medical clinic to get Lily checked out and our paperwork went to the Canadian Embassy for final approval to return to Canada. Now, all I need to do is go through immigration at the airport in Toronto. It was a long morning!! We did get to go to a traditional tea house and participate in a chinese tea ceremony. It was very interesting and Bernie I kept thinking about you. Lily had a glowing medical report! The doctor was a nice lady from Montreal. She was very happy to hear that Lily is crawling, and pulling herself up to stand. I was a bit surprised with her stats. She is in the 5th percentile on the North American scale and about 15 percentile on the Asian scale. She is a small girl. Her head circumference was in the 15th percentile so she fits right in with the MacDonald clan!!!! Lily and I went shopping a bit this afternoon. Well, Lily slept through the whole thing and I didn't manage to buy much. I already have all I need. My lily and a family I cannot wait to get back home to.....3 more days. Tomorrow, we go to the Summer Temple in the forbidden city and to Tienmen Square. I should have some neat pictures for the blog tomorrow. Today, I have a picture of Lily and I at the tea room and Lily at the clinic playing with her friends. Have a great day!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Francine and Paula,

It is so nice to see how well Lily has adjusted to her mother and aunt. Won't she be shocked and excited when she sees her father, brother, sister and lots of grand-parents, aunts, uncles and cousins waiting for her in Canada.

We are all looking forward to having you back home safe and sound.

Give Lily lots of hugs and kisses for us all.

Guy, Jillian, Pierre and Katey

Anonymous said...

Look at all that TEA...h'mmmm. Forget the silk PJ's bring back lots of tea, perhaps you can fill up a couple of diapers worth. Lily keeps looking different in every picture and I can't wait to carry/hold her on my belly for a few days. Enjoy Bejing... ps I hope Paula gets to shop a little.

Anonymous said...

Another full day but it must have been reassuring again to see the Dr. and know that Lily is well! Now that I'm use to seeing you with Lily I can't remember you without her! Bernie's right, she looks a little different in every picture but no trouble picking her out with her friends in the clinic. You're counting the days back and we're all counting with you. Open your appointment book ...I'll need a time to go up to Greenwood! Hello to Paula, she must be looking forward to seeing her family again. This experience has created a special bond between the three of you that will bless you for a lifetime!

Cheers,

Mariette

Anonymous said...

Glad the day went well. Nice to see the friends at teh clinic with Lily. They are all so cute. Lily looks to be 'hamming' it up at times.....ha ha I laughed when I read the head circumfrnace percentile....a MacDonald for sure. I have to comment...Bernie Tea instead of PJs ?!?!

All the best. SHop till you drop Paula.

EA

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with the MacDonald head :) I am so glad everything went well today for everyone. She is changing each time I look at her picture.

Lots of love from here.

Anonymous said...

Hi Francine,

It brings back memories seeing this purple outfit on Lily. This was the first outfit April wore after we got her. Love those slippers too. So glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see you when you get home.

Tracy Beaulieu